Meta's World

What's going on with Meta, random thoughts, PMS induced rants, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I am so not good at blogging

I always think of these cool things to say in my blog. I never do it. I suck. But I'm going to get better. I promise. When I had my website, people used to love my diary. I used to get emails from folks all over saying that they loved to hear my tales of South Beach.

Well life is different now, but I guess it's not less exciting. It's just exciting in a different way. Back then life was about modeling, and trying to find my way with my career. And PARTYING! Now my career is on track, and I don't party as much, but I still manage to have as much fun as ever. I'm truly blessed in that I have everything I want. Except for the tons of cash. I am going to start a reading revolution. What we writers earn if we are real writers and not ahem groupies with pens telling all, is not all that great. I mean, compared to other entertainers the pay just well, it doesn't compare. But I'm not complaining at all. I just wish it was July because I can't wait to go into a bookstore and see my book on the shelf. It feels good knowing it won't look cheesy, and knowing that all the words are spelled right and that I've got such a powerful publishing house behind me. I thank Jesus Christ for everything that I've accomplished. I can't take the credit.

Anyhoo, the book is on track and will be out in July. I got the catalog for Warner's summer books. It is awesome to see my book cover and my picture and read all about my "fresh, authentic voice, knowledge of the streets, and true to life hip-hop background". And they call me a "beautiful and charismatic author" too. Of course I'm lovin it! There's a special edition of Sex and the City coming out too, and the page is a couple after mine in the catalog. I can't believe my book is in there with Sex and the friggin City!!! AAAAaaaannnnnddddddd, I just sold my second novel, Queen of Miami. Yay! So in between writing that, copyediting The Rolexxx Club, and being a mom, my life is pretty full.

To top it off, I am very much in love. Thanks to Miami once again, something great has happened to me. I met my honey there back in September and we are very serious, very much in love. He lives in a small city in Ohio though, so there's a lot of travel involved, but he is everything I could ask for in a guy and then some. Look for a name change in the near future...

I haven't been clubbing in a minute. But the last cool place I went to was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It sucks that you can't take pictures. But there's some of everything in there. Michael Jackson's, Britney Spears', Tina Turner's, Jimi Hendrix's, Andre3000's clothes. Gold records. Papers with lyrics on them. Vintage video. Instruments. If you love music, you will love this place. The main exhibit was Tommy, the rock opera from the Who from back in the day. I liked the movie so I dug it, but if you didn't see it, it kind of would seem like a waste of space.

So yeah, there you have it. It's not clubbin on SoBe right this minute cuz I am always always always always always always always writing. If you're a friend and I don't get back to you immediately, you know what's up. I'm in the zone. I'll snap out of it in a minute, but right now lil mama's gotta eat so she's gotta work! Ta ta for now cyber homies.

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home