Meta's World

What's going on with Meta, random thoughts, PMS induced rants, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

For Real Though


OK, I'm gonna really do this blog thing since everyone has one. I've had a blog since 2001 and what you see is all that I've put into it. I'm horrible at this sort of thing. I buy diaries all the time, write in them about my latest love interest, and then when it's over I rip out all the pages and don't even want the book anymore.

Anyway, this a portal into my warped and demented little world. Welcome! Until my website is completed, this is where you can check to find the deal on what’s up with my book, my music, and with me. Please don't take this too seriously. It's just a blog people, OK.

So what’s new in my world…The book is now called The Rollexxx Club and we’re editing right now. Thank God my pages have more white space than red correction marks! Jason, my editor at Warner, is wonderful. He’s not killing my baby, but letting it remain true to the story and to my voice. Awesome.

I took some pictures Sunday for promotion etc. and I’ve come to the realization that I need to stop talking about Bally’s and be at Bally’s. My photographer Rich Markese is awesome by the way. We got some great shots in. But I am used to not having to be retouched which isn’t the case right now. My six pack is a keg, I can't front. But I'm going to change that. But I still like the results, especially my “bad girl” pics (see above) that kind of remind me of Rosario Dawson’s character in Sin City.

Former video girl Karrine “Superhead” Steffans’ book is set to drop. I can’t wait to hear her dirt in her own words. Back when I was modeling in Miami, I used to hear about her exploits ALL the time. I never worked on a video with her though. I hear she’s working on a novel now. I support chicky, but it kind of pisses me off when non-writers decide to write a book and they SUCK! It’s kind of like how “real actors” feel when rappers and singers with no training get starring movie roles. HELLO! Just because you have a story to tell, doesn’t mean you can tell it well. I got my degree in English, I taught English, hell, my day job is 80% writing. I’m not new to this I’m true to this! I wish her and all emerging writers luck, because I’m not a hater. But next summer belongs to me. Oh yes, I’m claiming it, I’m going to have the literary world on lock next summer! Believe that.

All cockiness aside… here’s what’s hot in my world today…

1. Freedom- I am vowing not to have another pitiful boyfriend. So being solo just feels right. Maybe I’ll be free for a while, maybe I’ll get snatched up, but in the meantime, it is wonderful to not be waiting to exhale. We all know what happened to Terry McMillan!
2. Rize. It’s the David LaChappelle documentary about the dance craze crumping. If you don’t know what crumping is, where have you been? It’s tribal. It’s crunk. And fun to do when you’re a lil tipsy.
3. Classic Chicago Deep House. It’s been my music of choice to spin as of lately. I’m working on my mixtape to drop on my birthday, August 16th.
4. Spanish Music. I’ve been feeling La India and Marc Anthony and Celia Cruz. My jams of the weekend were Me Enganates, Contra La Corriente, La Vida es un carnival, and Me Tengo Que Ir. And yes I understand the words!

Peace & Positive Vibes,
M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home