Meta's World

What's going on with Meta, random thoughts, PMS induced rants, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Summer summer summer time, Summertime!

Mood: Introspective, reflective, hopeful
Theme song of the day:Open your Eyes by Bobby Caldwell

Damn that is a great song. It's the song Common sampled for The Light. I gotta share the lyrics with y'all cuz they are deep, and well, I'm sending a not so subliminal message to someone (AB), and shit, to myself too, and everyone who has experienced a heartbreak and is still healing!

I see you, in a lonely place
How can you be so blind?
You're still regretting the love you left, left behind
Oh darlin'
I've seen you go through the changes
sitting alone each night
Are you expecting to find a love
love that's mine?

Chorus
Darlin open your eyes
Let me show you the light
Bou you'll never find a love that's right
Darlin open your eyes
Let me show you the light
Boy you think you're so wise, so wise

There are times, when you'll need someone
I will be by your side
I'd take my chance before they pass, pass me by
Oh darlin'
There is a light that shines
Special for you and me
You need a look at the other side
You'll agree
Darlin' open your eyes

Let me show you the light
You may never find a love that's right
Darlin' open your eyes
Let me show you the light
You may never find a love that's right
Darlin' open your eyes
Let me show you the light
You may never find a love that's right
Darlin' open your eyes
Let me show you the light
Boy you think you're so wise
You may never find a love that's right.


Well summer has finally arrived. I love Chicago in the summer, but there's also a reason why I hate it. There's all this romantic shit to do, and I for some odd reason, NEVER have a boyfriend in the summer. There's the Taste, Ravinia, and a million other festivals, and I love hanging with my girls, but there's something special about taking a moonlit stroll by Buckingham Fountain with someone you care about. I wouldn't know, because I've never done it, but it SEEMS fun.

Now I have someone special that I care about that cares about me too, but we're more like best buddies than boyfriend/girlfriend. That's my peeps, and there's plenty of friendship and passion but not what you would call romance. I ain't complaining, because since we've been kicking it, life is so much sweeter. That's my dog and my heart! But I am spoiled to death. I'm used to a man, basically kissing my ass, which he will never do, and I probably wouldn't want him to, but every now and then, I want someone to send me flowers and make me feel like the prettiest girl in the world. I've been laced with some pretty nice shit in the past, and had really sweet romantic things done for me, but all good things come to an end.

It's wild how I have "fans" of my modeling, and I get emails from guys who claim they'd love to date me, would love me forever, yada yada yada. But when it comes to the real deal, that shit always seems to escape my grasp. But it's all good, cuz the men I end up all crazy in love with, and the ones who are all crazy in love with me, always end up being just plain crazy! Friendship trumps all that, and he is a true friend.

And I did say that 2004 was gonna be the year of Team Meta, I planned on kicking it with a bunch of dudes casually, like 5 of them and a couple of benchriders and practice squad players. But for some reason that isn't so appealing anymore. Uh, and that shit didn't pan out quite like I had planned. I made some serious cuts early in the season. Guess I'm just a one track train after all, no matter how hard I try to be otherwise. I don't wanna be a playa no more. I'm getting too old! But I can't say I'm ready to be someone's WOMAN either. I gotta get some areas of my life together before I bring someone else in on that level, because the next MAN I have is gonna marry my ass. Shit, the crown prince of Norway married a commoner, with an illegitamte child and who used to date a drug lord, so there's still hope for me yet! Someday my Prince will come, shit he might be here now and I just don't know it yet. I'm keeping hope alive, but I ain't looking for nuthin because my track record in finding my own man is shot the fuck out! What is meant to be will be. I'm having a lot of fun (and a lot of steamy, sweaty, sexy nights) in the meantime.

Speaking of Princes, there are only 43 more days until the concert! Still haven't come up with an outfit yet. I think I may crochet a lilac dress. That will be hot. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. Get my full Gigi Hunter on!

But on to what's really important! Can I have a dollar? For real! I need to get this book out and some new dj equipment. Help a sistah out. I'm gonna keep asking till y'all help me. DOLLA DOLLA BILL Y'ALL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home