Meta's World

What's going on with Meta, random thoughts, PMS induced rants, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Shout out to my first love

My first love in life posted a comment, and I have to give a shout out and a big fat juicy kiss to "K Swift". This was my boyfriend my Sophomore year. He was a Freshman. I robbed the cradle! And he was the best first love in the history of first loves. He is the man that set the bar for the next ones. And sadly, so many men pale in comparison to the memory of a high school boy!

He was on the basketball team and I was a Pom-Pom girl. He used to buy my lunch every day, and he actually bought me some pretty nice gifts like a gold bracelet and a Coach purse. He used to slip little notes in my locker, walk me to class, and we'd talk on the phone for hours. But most important, he was always there for me. I had a pretty troubled childhood, and he and his family were always so supportive. I will always love them and thank them for that, because sometimes I really didn't feel like I had anyone else.

Sadly, his Dad got a promotion and they moved away. But we stayed friends. We even made good on our plan to go to Spelman and Morehouse. I just had to send a big fat juicy kiss to my baby of all babies.

K.E.M. I know who loves me and who always did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home