Meta's World

What's going on with Meta, random thoughts, PMS induced rants, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Talkin ish!

Nah this post isn't about me! EVERYBODY already knows I talk mad sh*t! This is about Khia. Yes, "My neck, my back" Khia. Multiple mugshot Khia. She did an interview in XXL and she blasts Trina and Jackie O. She says that all the females in hip-hop came out under a dude and that they can't wear a crown because of that. Ok see for yourself...

XXL: A lot of your songs are written from a feminist standpoint. But why do you show more love to male rappers than to female rappers?

Khia: Cause the female rappers are horrible. They just men pleasers, rappin’ off of a piece of paper ‘bout what a man want them to say. A lot of females that are out you can tell they have ghostwriters, ‘cause what they sayin’ is pleasing to a man’s ear. Okay, you gon say, I want a bitch to straight lick the clit and you gon suck me and my homeboy’s dick and I’ma pay you….I don’t represent that. I don’t care what you got, I can get my own. We can’t let me pimp us and dog us [and] act like that shit is cool, ’cause there’s a generation of young ladies looking’ like this like this is how it’s supposed to be.

XXL: Is that why you declined Trina’s offer to collaborate with her?

Khia: Oh yes, Trina, uh, uh. I don’t do her. I feel when you look at Trina, you lookin’ at sex. Most of her fans are men that wanna fuck. Every time you see Trina, she half-naked, or in her video she talking about being a female pimp. At her shows, she’s lap dancing and kissing girls. No female fans don’t wanna see that. She’s catering to what men wanna see. She’s just an entertainer. When I look at her, I just see a whore. I don’t want my daughter being nothing like Trina.


XXL: But what about Jacki-O who claims she’s the Queen of the South?

Khia: Jacki-O ain’t even up for question about being the Queen of the South. Jacki-O sold 60,000 units. She’s bankrupt. Girl, you ain’t even sell 100,000 units. Sit down! She tried to pull a “My Neck, My Back,” but there will only be one. Jacki-O and Trina, every big song they made has needed a feature. I feel I’m the Queen of the South because I’m myself. Don’t get it twisted, Trick Daddy got Trina from Club Rol-lexx [strip club]…You were stripping. Ya clientele went from the Rol-lexx to the industry niggas. You represent Slip and Slide, do you own your mastering? No. Do you own your own publishing? No. ‘Cause you ain’t writing nothing. How can you be a queen when you are being pimped by a bunch of niggas? All of ‘em, Foxy and Jay-Z, Lil’ Kim and Biggie, Shawnna and DTP, Mia X and No Limit. Every big female artists that ever came out, came out under a man. How can you claim to hold the crown like that?

I'm not going to speak on her daughter and what she wants for her. But I'm sure that it isn't to have an album cover filled with all her mugshots! Still I understand that no matter what you're into you always want better for your kids. I just couldn't resist bringing that up!

And I can't begin to trip on someone being half naked because I've never worn too many clothes, and that's not even a sexual thing, I just feel more comfortable with not much on. So I won't go there. It would be the pot calling the kettle black. Plus hell, in Miami the style of dress is so different, even in the workplace, that what is normal there is hoochie in other places. It wouldn't fly in 90% of the rest of the USA but in the bottom it's all good because it's always 90 degrees! The rest of the US is really conservative, and that's what I love about Miami is that it feels European in that folks don't have so many hang ups. But I digress...

As for the lack of power amongst women in hip hop, it's unfortunate, but KHIA TOLD THE TRUTH! Name 3 female rappers right now with songs on the charts. You can't. Kim was locked up, Foxy was recuperating from surgery, Trina is MIA. Does Missy even rap?

Most females who rap are a part of a crew and they get pushed to the back for the men in the crew. We have to wait and wait and wait for them to drop while we hear from every person with a penis in the posse. And the lyrics women spit are really overtly sexual and not about much. But that's most of hip-hop right now. Is anyone rapping about anything? And what does that say for society? I mean what is really going on? Are we all that empty and shallow? (YES! The world is jacked up!)

What's happening with my beloved hip hop? Can a sister get some real love? Where are the women in hip hop? And our absence isn't just about us not loving ourselves, because there are Jean Grey's and Bahamadia's and countless females on the underground and trying to break out who aren't all sex, and some who are sexy and substantive, but no one seems to want to hear them. Or is it that no one wants to sign them? No labels push them. Women do have it harder.

For example, I've gotten criticism already for the modeling pics on my site. Yeah I was half naked. And? I looked good. Do y'all know how old I am?! How old I was on those pics? I'm holding it together and I'm proud to still be fit. And every former model has her pics on her site. Let me tell you, those pictures are what drive the traffic to and through my site. I've tried the site with them and without them, revamped a million times, and frankly the pictures drive traffic through the rest of the site (I'm all in my Urchin stats, analyzing every day). I've got mixed emotions about that at times, but it is what it is. Business. I want to SELL books not just write them. If no one knows who I am, who's gonna buy the book? The criticism doesn't bother me, I just don't understand it. It's like, I used to model, that was my job. My pics are my resume! Get over it already.

I see that with hip hop. Men want to see pretty or sexy women, and men drive the industry. The female rappers Khia mentions cater to men who buy records. But women do like them.

So does a woman have to choose between being sexy and smart or talented? I say HELL NO! That's what I was exploring with my novel...Dez is fine AND she has talent, but what really gets her noticed? Her looks. Even when she isn't even trying. So she figures why fight it?

I sure hope that a woman is able to money up and start a label. Maybe it will be me. I would just love to see what a female mogul could acheive. Hmmm...

And in the same vein, why is it that Mary J. Blige's alter ego Brooklyn is my favorite rapper? It's a sad day in hip hop.

FEMALE RAPPERS OUT THERE, STAND UP!!! I CAN'T SEE YOU! SPEAK UP! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

and i miss u!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home