Meta's World

What's going on with Meta, random thoughts, PMS induced rants, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Best Bloody Show on the Telly


I am obsessed with the TV show Footballer's Wives. It's a British show about what else, the lives of the footballer's (soccer players) wives that comes on BBC America on Sunday Nights at 10pm. They are now re-running the entire third season, so check it out if you're not up on it.

I'm not into Desperate Housewives because it's just a little too tame and campy for me. Now Footballer's Wives, that's a SHOW. There's lots of "shagging and sodding about", liberal use of unedited profanity and nudity (no full frontal on the guys unfortunately...damn I miss OZ), and the craziest storylines ever. The show is also very diverse and multi-racial.

And for once, there's a black woman on TV with a great career who is cute to death, happens to be a beautiful brown complexion so there's no question that she is in fact black. And she happens to be kicking it with one of the star footballers who happens to be white (and FINE!).


If you're gonna go there, GO THERE!On the show no one seems to have any problem with the whole color thing which is awesome. Would never happen on American TV.





Even my fiance watches it with me. Mostly we try to translate some of the dialogue because even though it's in English, it's in ENGLISH and there are times when I have no clue what their slang means. The blond in the top pic is the "star" Tanya and the Indian babe is her rival Amber. The guy in the middle is Conrad and he's married to Amber. They tried to have a threesome with Tanya but she said no way, she wants Conrad for herself. But Conrad also has a thing for ding-a-ling. That's right. He's Bi. Still Tanya will stop at nothing to get Conrad. Then there's the hermaphrodite baby storyline, the gambling addiction, a little drug action, an Asian triad hell bent on revenge, garish makeup, bad weaves. I'm telling you, it's awesome. We're about two seasons behind England and since I am obsessed I already know what's going to happen after reading the episode synopses. But it's still fun to watch it all unfold. So check it out. I'm telling you, you'll never watch Desperate Housewives again!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You truly are a great writer, I will tell all my friends at my forum about your blog..gie yourself a pat on the back :)
    --------------------------
    Website to visit: Poker Capital No Deposit

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for a marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back down the road.
    --------------------------

    Website: Instant Poker Money

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Free Texas holdem said…

    I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating Meta's World blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Meta's World Blog is so perfect!
    --------------------------
    Our www: No Deposit Poker

     

Post a Comment

<< Home