Meta's World

What's going on with Meta, random thoughts, PMS induced rants, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Random rambles

I can't focus right now. I don't know what's up. I think it's the fact that Ohio is very very very very very boring. Even when I drive into Cleveland, it has no energy. If anyone out there is from Northeast Ohio, hit me up and tell me the fun stuff to do. A good salsa club would be nice. Where do the grown and sexy hang out? I don't want to get shot at some teeny bopper club. I know they're out there....

I'm afraid to take my driver's license test. I'm afraid I'll fail. Isn't that insane? I mean, what would be the harm if I did. I could just take it again. But I'd feel like such an idiot. Something about the DMV, courts, and the police stations here give me the heebie jeebies. I always feel like I'm on the defensive, like I'm a breath away from being arrested or accused of something. People stare a lot in my tiny town. Folks say "it's cuz they don't know you." It's rude is what it is. If you stare you should speak. The police in this crazy backwards town of Conneaut (not where I live but close enough) already surrounded my car for a "routine traffic stop" and had my son all freaked out. Then when I went to court the judge had a black woman arrested for contempt and had her kids put in foster care. No one in that courtroom, white or black who was up for a case thought she was being intentionally disrespectful. It sooooo was not contempt. I worked at the ACLU in Chicago when I was younger and I know contempt when I see it. The folks there would drop their jaws in amazement in this land that time forgot. But I digress. Then all these people who were in court with me started telling me how crazy the police are in Conneaut. This man (he was white) got pulled over for not going fast enough once the light turned green. Another guy (again he was white) said he's been pulled over on "suspicion" 8 times in a year. Now a lot of the people who live there have houses that sit on wheels. And it isn't what you'd call a metropolis. But that's nuts. It's hard to feel at ease or comfortable after something like that. Other towns like Ashtabula and Geneva aren't so bad. Not at all. And the closer you get to Cleveland people seem to resume their manners. But Conneaut Ohio is the new "Armpit of America". I hate it there and don't drive there unless I HAVE to. It is my least favorite city in Earth. Thank God I don't live there.

I can't wait till summer. I'm Miami bound to start looking for my dream crib. OK not the deep sleep dream crib, but a daydream crib. My dream crib costs a few mil. I can't wait to move back to Miami. As a friend of mine would say, "I miss it like candy". (He wore braces and couldn't eat it). Miami is such a beautiful city. Living there isn't like vacationing there; there's a lot of bullshit attached to that place, and folks aren't really all that friendly there either (drunk and high people at clubs don't count). But I still love it. I love the heat, the sun, the ocean. I love that if I want almost any kind of food I can get it. I love the glamor. I love the grime. I love the clubs. I hate the crime. Hey that rhymes. That too. See what boredom can make you do?

I am a nerd. But the geek shall inherit the earth. Bill Gates anyone?

Aren't some "celebrity blogs", "entertainment shows" and tabloids getting a little too mean? Talk about Tom Cruise all you want, but most people are just trying to live life and have flaws and imperfections. Scathing critique of your looks, personal life, love life and family shouldn't be the price of fame.

I keep getting this weird feeling, like there's a glitch in the Matrix. My spidey senses are tingling. Some wild shit is about to happen. I don't know where, when or why, but a big event is on the horizon. It will be religious in nature. Oh what do you want from me? I can't predict the future. I'm That's So Raven kind of psychic. But something or someone is coming...

No, it is not men in white coats coming to cart me off. I'm sane. I think. Just procrastinating when it comes to getting my damn drivers license! I'm doing everything but go to get it. But I better get cracking. I will post something more profound later...

TTFN
M.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I keep getting this weird feeling, like there's a glitch in the Matrix. My spidey senses are tingling. Some wild shit is about to happen. I don't know where, when or why, but a big event is on the horizon. It will be religious in nature. Oh what do you want from me? I can't predict the future. I'm That's So Raven kind of psychic. But something or someone is coming..."

    Perhaps an old friend you went ghost on just found your site.

    BlkEngr1 (I don't have that address anymore, but I'll be emailing you soon.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home